Monday, December 1, 2008

A Thanksgiving of Firsts and Lasts

Pawley's Island at Sunset Thanksgiving Day

Firsts:
1) My grandparents first visit to see us in Myrtle Beach. It was wonderful to see them!

2) My first attempt at cooking a Thanksgiving meal-- including dressing. Thanks for the recipe Nana!

3) My first time to be without Scott for Thanksgiving since we have been together. (he was on a basketball road trip for several days)

4) Seeing a beautiful sunset over the marsh with my family.




Lasts:
1) The last time I will have just one child at Thanksgiving
2) Maybe the last time I will be 8-9 months preggo on Thanksgiving (Eli- Dec 6th, Caroline, Jan 20th). If we have a 3rd, I am going to shoot for a spring/fall baby :o).
3) Hopefully the last time I have to spend the holiday without my hubby.
4) The last time I wait until the week of Thanksgiving to shop at Walmart.


Below are a few pictures from our holiday. Mom, Dad, Emily, and my grandparents were all here to celebrate with Eli and me. I am very thankful for all of our family. We are very blessed.
Thanksgiving Day- a walk on the beach...
After Thanksgiving shopping trip with the girls Building a tower with new birthday blocks from GG and Grandad
Eli when seeing the train table that Meeps and Peeps got him for his birthday... Eli telling Emily's friend Scott that he would love to come visit him in the Virgin Islands and bring his parents..... :o) Eli helping Peeps on the ladder in his big boy room.

3 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Such good pictures! I hate you had to spend it without Scott but glad your family got to be there. I bet your cooking was delicious!

Sarah Armstrong said...

Oh your sweet grandparents...brings back memories from my childhood and seeing them in Andalusia on various visits. I am so glad they got to come and spend time with you! And I hear you about shopping at Wal-Mart during Thanksgiving - the one in Louisiana was completely out of sour cream!! Hope you are well!

Molly said...

Amy,
I had no idea you guys had a blog until I talked to Ali the other day. So cute. Check ours out
www.mollyandrodfoster.blogspot.com