Monday, January 25, 2010

A Room Filled with Angels

Scott and I recently attended the Fellowship of Christian Athlete's Marriage Conference in Huntsville. I think it was the best conference I have ever attended and the first conference in which I thought I wished it had lasted just a little longer. (my friends know that I am not so much a "sleep over" kind of gal). There were so many take-aways that I will share maybe later, but one that I want to share with you now.

Sometimes I am gripped with fear at how I will die--an accident? cancer? cruise ship drowning? over-indulgence of pickle juice?? At the conference, singers Jonathan and Lisa Moore led our praise and worship. Very talented couple with sincere hearts and a passion for music and for Jesus. Jonathan told us a story of a conversation he had with a cousin about the passing of the cousin's mother. "Cousin Roy" said that his mother was eaten with cancer. His brother's and sister's knew that her time was very short and she was in and out of consciousness. On this particular night, all the brothers and sisters had other obligations and could not stay overnight in the hospital with their mom. As they were debating about what to do outside of her hospital room, they heard their frail and weak mom shout "ya'll go home tonight, I'm going to be all right. Don't you see the angels? No, mama, they said. We don't see any angels. Well, sweet darlings, mama said, they are all around me......"

Hearing that story brought me peace. How wonderful to think of angels surrounding us and singing to us as we pass from this life to the next. One more thing on my list to look forward to...

Click on the link below to hear the song that the Moore's wrote about this story.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HXHHft0F5U

1 comment:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Thanks for sharing this Amy. What a comfort that I needed to hear.