Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Growing Boy

They say that when you have another child, that your first child seems to become a little more grown up. It's almost sad to say, but it's true. Now, my "baby" eagerly awaits for dinner to be done so he can do the dishes (I assume this rare phenomenon will not last forever), he wants to help change Caroline's diapers, and he loves to sweep the house. He still has his moments where he tells me that I have 2 babies and tells me that Daddy should hold Caroline so I can hold him, but overall, the transition has exceeded my expectations. I have also found that jelly beans and M&Ms work wonders as forms of bribery. At moments of crisis with 2 crying babies, they are lifesavers!

Below are pictures of our growing boy from the past month- January 2009.
We are really into stickers right now--- maybe to the extreme??
Eli taking Caroline for a "stroll"
His dad has taught him well-- maybe he can be a FIJI dish washer too???
All boy-- yes, even in smocked clothes......
Mr. Mischievous
Already becoming a man. He spends about 30 minutes on his Elmo potty and has to read several magazines. Potty training in the works.....
Eli reading his "little books". My son has an obsession with these.... He carries them everywhere- even basketball games!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Henry has those Alpha books too, and loves them. He wants me to read all 26 books to him everytime he gets them out.