Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Summer of Blessings

Time is truly something to be treasured. I have spent a lot of time this summer really trying to put a lasso around some of it and hang on for dear life. I'm hanging alright, but kind of like the blood being sucked out of your fingers and face kind of hanging. Instead of doing 40,000 blog posts to play catch up, I have made a slideshow with many of the great pictures that capture our "treasure moments" from the summer. We have had a lot of chaos, a lot of excitements, some disappointments, terrible anxiety, but more than anything, just pure and simple thanksgiving. Our bank account sure doesn't show it, but we are millionaires. God's blessings are endless, and sometimes disguised. Through our house hunting I have realized that the riches I have are far greater than the $750,000 dream house on the Appalachain mountains.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Summer of Blessings
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

8 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Loved it!!! Great pic - hope ya'll are doing well:-)

Kristy said...

Love the pictures. The song made me cry like a baby... Gah, Hootie!

Emily said...

Thanks for making me cry this morning!!! I have hardly seen Caroline and she is getting so big!!!!! We are doing great out here! I promise to call soon,Em

Anonymous said...

i third the tears! we miss you guys like crazy- we cannot WAIT to hang out with y'all out here. love y'all!

Lindsey Pritchard said...

LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! Eli's facial expressions are absolutely priceless....and that little Caroline! She is growing up too fast! Thanks for sharing! Miss you guys!

Lanie said...

So precious! Way to go making time to create the slideshow. You will love having that years down the road. My favorites were the ones with the water hose/sprinkler and the canoe. Your mom looks like such a fun grandmother. Thanks for sharing your pics. Hope you have a great end of summer!

Wendy said...

Probably the best slide show i have seem ever! Please let us know next time you come this way! Love you guys!

moppy said...

Amy- the slide show shows love abounding in your family. I am so glad to be able to see your blog. You are a great photographer-might think of doing it professionally one day. You seem to capture the mind and spirit of each of your subjects, I am serious and sure I'm not the only one who has told you this. Anyway-thanks for sharing- OH- THE BLUE AND GREEN EYED CHILDREN ARE JUST PLAIN BEAUTIFUL- just like their parents.