Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Settling In

To give a quick update on our family.... we are officially in Huntsville. We are currently very fortunate to be living with Scott's parents until we sell our house in Murrells Inlet. We have one couple that is most likely going to make an offer, but your prayers will be appreciated. We are competing with the builder of our neighborhood since it has not finished being developed. I am trying to remain calm about the situation, but it is definitely a shadow hanging over our heads. Eli started preschool 2 weeks ago at Mayfair Child Development Center--- a part of Mayfair Church of Christ. I was a little apprehensive about how he would react to being in an entirely new place with all new people, but my fears were eliminated when we went to pick him up after his first day and he looks at Scott and me and says, "Leave." Wow, glad you missed us son.
Nana is keeping Caroline 3 days a week while I continue to work for my same CPA firm in Birmingham. I am very blessed to have someone who loves my child so much be her caregiver. Caroline is definitely very attached to her.


Scott's new job as the owner/Director of the Alabama Basketball Academy is doing better than expected. I think it is amazing what God can do if we just open our hands and let him take control. I am so proud of Scott for his vision, his determination, and the guts he had to take a leap of faith and do what he thought God was leading him to do. He is the most content I have seen him since I have known him. He is doing what he was born to do and it makes my heart very happy.


I also didn't realize until we moved back how homesick I had been. It is amazing to be able to hop in the car and see my parents in 4 hours or my grandparents and friends from B'ham in 2. I dearly miss Brooke and Lindsey (I have a new post coming about the 2 of them) but they will ALWAYS be very dear friends of mine and I look forward to seeing them in weeks to come.


Eli is staying for the week with my parents and attending their VBS. This is the longest I have been away from him in his 2 and 1/2 years, but I think that it is good for him to have some individual attention. He is loving life and getting spoiled rotten. He did melt my heart today when he asked me "You coming to get Eli Mommy." Um yeah, I was ready to jump in the car right then had it not been for the fried dill pickes from Buster's. Caroline is with me in Destin with one of my best friends and her little girl Addison. It has been wonderful to catch up with Kristy and get to know her precious little girl. It has also been nice to spend one on one time with Caroline. She has me wrapped-- emotionally, physically (I'm still nursing :o)), and financially---CRUD for all the cute girls clothes!


If you have made it through the end of this post, please say a prayer that our house will sell soon. More updates to come....

6 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Glad ya'll are getting settled. Brad told me about the move and new job....that also means more trips to Auburn!!! You're house WILL sell - we've been where you are for the past few months {with two houses}, but it will happen in God's perfect time.

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

Its about time...finally a new post. You can't wait so long next time. We really miss yall a lot. It's so hard for me to not be able to pick up the phone and know you are only a few minutes away. We love you and we are so glad Scott's job is working out. Can't wait to hear about Destin.

Kristy said...

I'm so glad that you are closer! And that you are at the beach with me... for the 12th year. We are old. :)

Sarah Armstrong said...

I am so thankful for the update - I was confused when I saw your comment on Kristy's blog about the move to Huntsville. Something I am sure my mom knows but somehow "forgot to tell me". :) Glad to know y'all are doing well!!

Lindsey Pritchard said...

I loved getting an update! I feel so lost without my cell phone....I have it back! Don't be worrying about your house.....it will sell! It is too cute not to. So glad to hear that Scott is content and completely happy with his decision. I know that you are having a blast in Destin with your friend....ENJOY!! We miss you guys so much and can't wait to hear more!

McKinney Madness said...

I've been catching up with your life on your blog and I'm so happy to hear that you guys are back in Huntsville and Scott is doing what he loves! We lived in Myrtle Beach for a short time when I was little and it's just the same as good ol' Alabama. My cousins Brooke and Ben Morrow are in Huntsville and at Mayfair!