Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Beach Fun

It's been a while, I know. I wish someone would pause our video entilted "LIFE" so I could at least take a bathroom break. Can you believe it is soon to be July? The house remains on the market, but it is showing a lot, so we consider that a blessing.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Back to the fun stuff that happened the 2nd week in June.... a very fun girl's trip with my college roomie and her "little person" Addison. Kristy invited me to the beach, so Caroline and I loaded the car from top to bottom and headed to Destin, while Eli stayed with mom and dad for the week. So, again, I forgot what it was like to take a baby to the beach. Definitely not as exhausting as say, well, my 2 year old, but exhausting enough and SO BLASTED hot!!!!! The girls were automatic friends though so I am glad that I have "find Caroline's college roommate" already checked off my to-do list. We did have some relaxing moments after the girls were in bed and 2 fun dinners. Oh how I had missed my sandy white beaches. AND, I realized that we didn't really stand out as much as we did in Myrtle Beach. There were actually other families there who had their children in smocked clothes instead of gym shorts and a spiderman sleeveless t-shirt.

A few pictures from our trip below..... more posts soon to come!!

BFF: Hooty-hoot!!


Nothing like a little sand for dinner............


Scott calls this her "milk maid" outfit. It was supposed to be for the beach, but I didn't want to deal with another sandy poop.

Hum, maybe 2 for the price of 1? A roommate for Caroline and a wife for Eli????? Mom brought him down the last day we were there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! milk maid outfit!! love that. they are so stinkin cute. crossing my fingers we get home SOON to see them! (and y'all! :) )

Kristy said...

We had so much fun with y'all and are just glad that you are closer. I love the "prom picture." That Eli sure is suave, and Caro is so chill. Can't wait to see you soon! :)