Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh Mercer, Mercer Me

This past weekend Eli got an on-campus visit to Mercer in Macon, Ga. Scott had a to take a recruiting trip there, and at the last minute Eli and I decided to join him and meet Aunt Emmy. (she drove from Auburn to meet us) Eli went absolutely crazy when he saw "E-E" and did not go to sleep until around 11:30 Friday night because he was so excited. My sister does not have kids yet, so she thinks it is awesome to be able to spoil Eli and give him whatever he wants. Saturday he was treated to several snacks including an ice cream Popsicle, DQ ice cream, pizza, a jelly biscuit, etc.. etc. Needless to say, he didn't really nap that day, and it took forever to get him to sleep Saturday night. My dear sweet sister, pay back will be precious in a few years. I can't wait for your kids to come visit their Mimi!!!!!!!! Below are a few pics from campus with EE. Eli waving to the bus... Intrigued by a baseball game....
Can I play, PLEASE????



2 comments:

emily said...

Um...excuse me...in my defense could you please post a picture of the face he makes while asking for these special treats!?!?! With sugar aside, can I really help it if he stays up late due to sheer excitement that his FAVORITE aunt has come to town? I think not...

Amy, honey, I understand why you are a little bit jealous. After all, Eli and I do share a lot of the same interests (befriending random people, jumping in mud puddles, playing in the rain, free-style dancing, etc...) but he also loves you for who you are, too. I can only hope that one day I will have a child that loves calculators as much as you do... then you'll be able to understand this special, special bond.

Anonymous said...

WHOA. he does have another aunt now, remember?!?! he may not really know who CayK is other than random girl on the phone with Unc Dave, but nonetheless... hahaha, just kidding, i could never compete with EE! I'm more of a calculator girl myself... not.

miss y'all.