Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Festivities

Fall is in the air. It's my favorite time of year. I usually get this rush of adrenaline and am reminded of new beginnings. I think of my years of starting back to school and the anticipation and excitement it brought, and sometimes I miss it. I got a little homesick for the first time since our move a few weeks ago when Scott and I were watching the Auburn game. We did not go to many games when we lived in Birmingham due to Scott's b'ball schedule, but I guess I always knew that it was an option if I decided I wanted to hop in the car and meet my fam for tailgating. Now living 8 hours away with a toddler and a bulging belly, it's not so much an option. Another reminder of not taking things for granted I guess-- so instead we hopped in the car and drove 3 miles to the beach. A pretty good trade-off I suppose :o). This past week NANA came for a visit, and I was thrilled to have her for the week. Eli stayed glued to her hip, and I actually got to relax and get caught up with work and household chores. I have been living by the philosophy "Chores can wait, children can't" for the last few weeks, but enough was enough and I had no excuse with Nana (Scott's mom) here to help watch Eli. If you plan on visiting us soon, please come now before I revert back to my old philosophy again..... :o)
Excuse me mom and dad... I need to take a break and smell the flowers.....
Wow--- the light is hot!!
In true toddler form......
Shooting the breeze with Nana.....
Eli, that's what happens when you try to sit in your clothes drawer....
Go CCU!!!!!!!!!!!

The pumpkin patch
Eli when asked how many pumpkins there were in the pile...... Eli: "WHOAAAA... BIGGGG Pupkim......."

2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Amy-
Eli is just adorable!!! We hope to see ya'll soon - I know you're getting excited about #2!

Kristy said...

love your pictures! and love our shared fondness for all things fall. takes me back to our college andy/nash road trips! :)